Nicole Potenza Denis
Nicole Denis is a contributing foodspring blogger.Click here to read the latest foodie-mom blogs
Crispy Sweet Tart Apple Chipsuser rating
Foodiemom blogger Nicole Potenza Denis’ culinary school “it” tool, the mandoline, came out of retirement to make this simple snack.
1 large apple
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon superfine sugar (more if using a tart apple)
1 teaspoon cinnamon + ½ teaspoon for dusting
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Slice apple on mandoline to make round slices. If you have a corer, core the apple and place the apple on the mandoline starting with the stem side. If you do not core the apple, slice apple, rotating sides until you reach the core.
4. Place slices in a dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Toss gently so all slices are coated with the mixture, making sure not to break them.
5. Place slices in a row to fill the baking tray, making sure slices do not touch.
6. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour or until apples are almost dry, rotating the pan and turning over the apples every 20 minutes..
7. Turn off oven and let tray sit for about an hour or until apples are completely dry. Dust with more cinnamon to taste.