Bangers in a Blanket
St. Patrick's Day Recipesuser rating
Chef David Ward of Knees Up Catering says these bangers—a.k.a. sausage—in a blanket are like a meaty knish. He suggests washing them down with a Bass Ale.Ingredients:
1 sheet puff pastry
4 Irish sausage links, precooked (or substitute Hillshire Farms Beef Brats)
1 egg, beaten with 1tablespoon milk
2 ounces mashed potatoes (add salt and pepper to taste)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Thaw puff pastry (but do not roll with a rolling pin).
- Cut puff pastry into four pieces, the same length as the sausage links
- Place cold, firm mashed potatoes down on the puff pastry, divided evenly among the four pieces.
- Set the cooked link on top of the potatoes.
- Roll the pastry over the sausage to form the “blanket.”
- Brush edges with egg mixture to glue together; pinch edges to seal.
- Place wrapped puff pastries on baking pan lined with parchment paper; brush each with egg mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees until golden.
- Remove from oven, slice each blanketed link into four pieces, insert toothpick and serve with mustard.